We drive electric today, so it’s fitting that one of the largest public vehicle fleets on the road today—the U.S. Postal Service—should go electric too! In an executive order, and most recently in the American Jobs Plan, President Biden has called for the U.S. Postal Service to go electric.
No fleet is easier to make all-electric than the postal vehicles that we see daily in our communities. The average daily distance traveled of most of these vehicles is about 20 miles.
Unfortunately, the latest contract that will supply the next generation of postal vehicles—which the Trump administration executed—has stated that only 10% of those vehicles will be fully electric, while the remaining 90% will be gasoline-only vehicles.
Tell the U.S. Postal Service Board of Governors to increase the amount of electric postal vehicles.
The postal service should look at the total cost of ownership for going electric, instead of just the upfront cost of electric postal vehicles, and increase the percentage of postal vehicles to be at least 90% electric.
Tell the U.S. Postal Service Board of Governors that the future of transportation is electric, not gas-powered.
Thank you for all you do,
Joel Levin Executive Director