Houston Auto Show
Come see the HEAA at the Houston Auto Show Energy Pavilion from January 21st through the 25th. Several electric vehicles will be on display. HEAA members will set up the morning of the 20th.
Dale Brooks Passes Away
Former HEAA President Mr. Dale Brooks passed away on 11/19/2014 at his home in Marble Falls Texas. Mr. Brooks was one of the founding members of HEAA and served as the president for over 10 years. At a time when there was almost no street legal EV’s in the Houston area, Mr. Brooks owned three. Dale’s enthusiasm and friendship will be missed.
Photo by Karen Warren / Houston Chronicle
November 13, 2014 HEAA Meeting
Meeting Time: 6:30 to 8:30 PM
Location: Ikea at 7810 Katy Frwy, Houston, TX 77024
- Graham’s Mustang conversion is 90+% complete and is driving under its own power. He will be driving it to the meeting. Take a quick look at the car before the meeting while there is still some daylight.
- Bill Swann will give a brief show and tell of IKEA’s solar array. A representative of IKEA will give a short presentation on IKEA’s corporate green strategy.
- Graham and Adam attended the American Public Transportation’s Expo (APTA’s EXPO) at George R Brown. They will discuss the highlights of the meeting.
- We will have our annual discussion on the time and location of our meetings.
- Kevin Douglass will talk about our traditional December holiday dinner.
- We will have a discussion about the January Houston Auto Show. HEAA has received an invitation to the show and is being encouraged to bring 4 to 5 electric vehicles to show in the energy pavilion.