Next Meeting Thursday, February 5th, 2015
Time: 6:30 to 8:30 PM
Location: TxRxLabs at 205 Roberts St HOUSTON TX 77003 (Between Garrow and Sherman Streets)
Agenda: Lookback on the Houston Auto Show. What went well, what could be improved.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT THE MEETING!
Houston Auto Show
The HEAA had a booth and several electric vehicles on display at the Houston Auto Show from January 21st until the 25th. The show was an overwhelming success with club members networking and discussing electric vehicles with thousands of show attendees. Special recognition goes to the club members that attended the entire five days of the show. This includes HEAA President Kevin Douglas who leads by example. Several photos taken at the show:
A Porsche 914 Conversion A VW Bug Converson
A VW Bus Conversion A Pickup Truck Conversion
A Nissan 200SX Conversion The ReclinerCar – A recliner EV Conversion
Dale Brooks Passes Away
Former HEAA President Mr. Dale Brooks passed away on 11/19/2014 at his home in Marble Falls Texas. Mr. Brooks was one of the founding members of HEAA and served as the president for over 10 years. At a time when there was almost no street legal EV’s in the Houston area, Mr. Brooks owned three. Dale’s enthusiasm and friendship will be missed.
Photo by Karen Warren / Houston Chronicle
November 13, 2014 HEAA Meeting
Meeting Time: 6:30 to 8:30 PM
Location: Ikea at 7810 Katy Frwy, Houston, TX 77024
- Graham’s Mustang conversion is 90+% complete and is driving under its own power. He will be driving it to the meeting. Take a quick look at the car before the meeting while there is still some daylight.
- Bill Swann will give a brief show and tell of IKEA’s solar array. A representative of IKEA will give a short presentation on IKEA’s corporate green strategy.
- Graham and Adam attended the American Public Transportation’s Expo (APTA’s EXPO) at George R Brown. They will discuss the highlights of the meeting.
- We will have our annual discussion on the time and location of our meetings.
- Kevin Douglass will talk about our traditional December holiday dinner.
- We will have a discussion about the January Houston Auto Show. HEAA has received an invitation to the show and is being encouraged to bring 4 to 5 electric vehicles to show in the energy pavilion.